Sunday, August 3, 2008

Chalky Foods

I'm really not sure why, but I love chalky foods. When I was a kid and my mom let pick candy at the pharmacy, I wouldn't gravitate toward the Whatchamacallit or the Charleston Chew, but instead, I wanted Tums. Yes, Tums.

Maybe it's subconscious knowledge of some severe calcium deficiency. Or maybe I just enjoy the way chalky foods turn to powder in your mouth and spread the flavor all around. Regardless of why, I love chalky foods.

Some examples of chalky foods I enjoy:
  • Tums (minty flavors over fruity flavors)
  • Merengue Cookies (Trader Joes and Whole Foods have great ones)
  • Freeze Dried Fruit and Ice Cream (Trader Joes has Mango, Strawberries and Rambutan)

1 comment:

Dawn Haley Morton said...

Is this were circus peanuts come in? They are frightening for many reason, and chalky too.